Double Egg Thai Sausage Muffin
For the French toast muffins:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 English muffins
For the sausage patty:
- 4 pork sausages
- 1 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 slices American cheese
For the crispy fried eggs:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl with the soy sauce and sesame oil.
2. Chuck the muffins into the egg mix and leave to soak.
3. Squeeze the sausage meat from the sausages into a large mixing bowl and mix well with Thai curry paste.
4. Lightly flour your hands and work surface, then shape the sausage mix into 2 thin patties.
5. Fry a patty for 2-3 minutes on each side in a frying pan over a high heat in 1 tbsp of oil, until golden. Lay a slice of cheese on each patty and set aside for later.
6. Fry an egg-soaked muffin in the residual fat from the sausage patties for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove from the pan.
7. Fry the eggs in the same pan with 1 more tbsp of oil.
8. Layer up your muffin with sausage patties, fried eggs, sliced chilli and sliced spring onion.
9. Tuck in and get messy!
Sign up to the newsletter to download this recipe and more delicious cooks!
We’ve been in the Reviewing Kitchen Gadget game for even longer than Barry’s hair is right now. Over the years, we’ve come across a fair number of kitchen gadgets with varying degrees of usefulness - so we took the plunge and asked you which one you thought was most...
No matter how many elaborate, healthy meals we make, there will always be a place in our hearts for a good comfort dish - and the past year or so has certainly proved that. Whether it’s fish pie or a cheese toastie, a quick, simple, nostalgic meal will rarely let you...
(Serves 2) Ingredients For the tofu meatballs: 280g extra firm tofu 2 tbsp dark soy sauce 2 tbsp nutritional yeast 1 large egg 100g panko breadcrumbs For the sauce: ½ brown onion 2 tbsp olive oil 1 cloves garlic 1 tbsp tomato puree 200g tinned chopped tomatoes ½ tbsp...
(Serves 2) Ingredients For the bulgogi steak: 1 ribeye steak 1 green bell pepper 1 brown onion, peeled 4 tbsp light soy sauce 1 tbsp gochujang paste 3 cloves garlic (grated) 10g ginger (grated) 1 tbsp sesame oil 2 tbsp vegetable oil 1 tbsp light brown sugar For the...
(Serves 4) Ingredients For the sauce: 2 tbsp olive oil 6 tinned anchovies 3 cloves garlic 2 tbsp tomato paste 1 tsp sugar For the noodles: 600g udon noodles To finish the sauce: ¼ bunch fresh parsley 50g kalamata olives (pitted) To serve: 20g Parmesan cheese ...
(Serves 4) Ingredients For the batter: 200g chickpea flour 1 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted For the curry ketchup: 4 tbsp tomato ketchup 1 tbsp curry powder 1 tbsp mango chutney To fry: 460g paneer 50g chickpea flour 2l vegetable oil To serve: 4 tbsp yoghurt ¼ bunch mint...
(Serves 8-10) Ingredients For the pulled pork: 3 tbsp smoked paprika 2 tbsp light brown sugar 1 tbsp salt 1 tbsp black peppercorns 1 tbsp coriander seeds ½ tbsp chilli flakes 1 tbsp fennel seeds 1 tbsp garlic powder 2kg boneless pork shoulder 600ml pale ale For the...
SORTEDfood was started back in 2010 by a group of school mates messing around on YouTube. We are now one of the world’s leading online food communities - and we’re still messing around on YouTube! We’re also branching out with a shiny new TikTok where you’ll find the...
(Serves 3-4) Ingredients For the ribs: 4 corn cobs For the sauce: 100g feta 25g unsalted butter 5 tbsp hot sauce To fry: 2l vegetable oil To serve: 1 tbsp sesame seeds 2 spring onions (thinly sliced) Method 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and a deep fat...
This week we had the honour of inviting in our good friend and the man behind the incredible Hoppers restaurant, Karan Gokani, to come in and show our normals how to do a proper curry. And he's kindly shared the recipe for the kothu roti he made in the video! Find...