Chickpea Paneer Fries
For the batter:
- 200g chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted
For the curry ketchup:
- 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 460g paneer
- 50g chickpea flour
- 2l vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp yoghurt
- ¼ bunch mint
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp black onion seeds
1. Preheat a deep fryer to 180°C (360°F).
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat 300ml (10.1floz) of water into the chickpea flour slowly, making sure not to get any lumps. We are looking for a loose, pancake batter-like consistency.
3. Tip in the cumin seeds, season with salt and set aside for later.
4. Mix ketchup, curry powder and chutney together in a small bowl. Load it into a piping bag if you are feeling fancy.
5. Cut the paneer into 1cm thick batons.
6. Dust the paneer in chickpea flour, tap off any excess and dunk them into the cumin spiced batter.
7. Fry the battered paneer in the hot oil for around 5-7 minutes, until golden. You may have to do this in batches. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate then pile onto a plate.
8. Drizzle over the curry ketchup, yoghurt and finish with mint, a dusting of curry powder and loads of black onion seeds. Tuck in!
Sign up to the newsletter to download this recipe and more delicious cooks!
No matter how many elaborate, healthy meals we make, there will always be a place in our hearts for a good comfort dish - and the past year or so has certainly proved that. Whether it’s fish pie or a cheese toastie, a quick, simple, nostalgic meal will rarely let you...
(Serves 2) Ingredients For the tofu meatballs: 280g extra firm tofu 2 tbsp dark soy sauce 2 tbsp nutritional yeast 1 large egg 100g panko breadcrumbs For the sauce: ½ brown onion 2 tbsp olive oil 1 cloves garlic 1 tbsp tomato puree 200g tinned chopped tomatoes ½ tbsp...
(Serves 2) Ingredients For the bulgogi steak: 1 ribeye steak 1 green bell pepper 1 brown onion, peeled 4 tbsp light soy sauce 1 tbsp gochujang paste 3 cloves garlic (grated) 10g ginger (grated) 1 tbsp sesame oil 2 tbsp vegetable oil 1 tbsp light brown sugar For the...
(Serves 4) Ingredients For the sauce: 2 tbsp olive oil 6 tinned anchovies 3 cloves garlic 2 tbsp tomato paste 1 tsp sugar For the noodles: 600g udon noodles To finish the sauce: ¼ bunch fresh parsley 50g kalamata olives (pitted) To serve: 20g Parmesan cheese ...
(Serves 8-10) Ingredients For the pulled pork: 3 tbsp smoked paprika 2 tbsp light brown sugar 1 tbsp salt 1 tbsp black peppercorns 1 tbsp coriander seeds ½ tbsp chilli flakes 1 tbsp fennel seeds 1 tbsp garlic powder 2kg boneless pork shoulder 600ml pale ale For the...
(Serves 2) Ingredients For the French toast muffins: 2 large eggs 1 tbsp dark soy sauce 1 tbsp sesame oil 2 English muffins For the sausage patty: 4 pork sausages 1 tbsp red Thai curry paste 2 tbsp flour 1 tbsp vegetable oil 2 slices American cheese For the crispy...
SORTEDfood was started back in 2010 by a group of school mates messing around on YouTube. We are now one of the world’s leading online food communities - and we’re still messing around on YouTube! We’re also branching out with a shiny new TikTok where you’ll find the...
(Serves 3-4) Ingredients For the ribs: 4 corn cobs For the sauce: 100g feta 25g unsalted butter 5 tbsp hot sauce To fry: 2l vegetable oil To serve: 1 tbsp sesame seeds 2 spring onions (thinly sliced) Method 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F) and a deep fat...
This week we had the honour of inviting in our good friend and the man behind the incredible Hoppers restaurant, Karan Gokani, to come in and show our normals how to do a proper curry. And he's kindly shared the recipe for the kothu roti he made in the video! Find...
We’ve spent many many months and several videos debating the age-old question: where is it best to spend your money when it comes to food? Our normal home cooks have been busy blind taste testing the premium and the budget version of some of the most common...