Honey Roast Parsnips with Cauli Rice
- 2 large parsnips
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 40 g / 1.4 oz raisins
- 1 lemon
- 15 g / 0.5 oz parsley
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40 g / 1.4 oz watercress
Step by Step
Roast your parsnips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel your parsnips. Quarter them lengthways and carefully cut out the core using a small knife.
- Plonk them on the lined baking tray and drizzle over 1/2 your honey. Sprinkle over 1/2 your curry powder then give it a good season with salt and pepper before popping it in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until tender all the way through.
Make the cauli rice
- Coarsely grate the cauliflower into a large mixing bowl and chuck in your raisins and the rest of your curry powder. Squeeze in the juice of your lemon and a small splash of water then season it well with salt and pepper. Cover the bowl tightly with Cling Film and cook it in a microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Finely chop the your parsley, then cut your apple into chunks just slightly bigger than your raisins. Toss them in the bowl along with the paprika, remaining honey and about 3/4 of the oil.
- Give it all a good stir around and leave it to one side while you wait for your parsnips.
- You can wash up your chopping board, knife and grater at this point as you wont need them any more.
Plate it up
- Divide the cauli rice between your plates and top it with your roasted parsnips. Grab your watercress and put it on the side of the plate, drizzling over the remaining olive oil. Serve!