4 king oyster mushrooms
5 spring onions
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp chipotle chilli paste
1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
75 g crème fraîche
1 clove garlic
4 small flour tortillas
1/4 bunch coriander
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Brush any dirt off the mushrooms and shred them directly onto a baking tray by carefully digging a fork into the mushrooms at the top then pulling it towards the bottom to get uneven strands. Repeat with the spring onions.
- Pick up 1/4 of the shredded spring onions and throw them into a small bowl and pour in the vinegar and 1 1/2 tbsp of the sugar. Whack the bowl into the microwave and cook on full power (800W) for 30 seconds. Leave them to cool.
- Tip the mushrooms, remaining onions, oil, chipotle paste, paprika, remaining sugar and 200ml of water into a deep roasting tin. Mix well then place it under the preheated grill for 10-12 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until the liquid coats the mushrooms and onions in a dark, glossy glaze.
- Chuck the crème fraîche into another mixing bowl. Finely grate in the garlic and the zest of a lime. Season generously with salt and stir well.
- Whack the tortillas under the grill for 1-2 minutes, until deep golden in places on one side, then pull them out.
- Divide the mushroom mix between tortillas, placing them on the un-toasted side. Chuck on the pickled onions, drizzle over the crème fraîche mix then rip over the coriander. Tuck in! Serves 2