1 tbsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp harissa paste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion
1 red pepper
2 chicken breasts skinless
500 ml chicken stock
100 g mixed colour quinoa
50 g pistachios,
6 sprigs fresh mint
½ bunch fresh coriander
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
100 g salad leaves
50 g natural yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Put a small frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the cumin and coriander seeds. Toast until you can smell the spices then tip them into the Multi Mill attachment of a Compact Food Processor.
- Scoop the harissa paste into the Multi Mill and pour in the olive oil. Zest in the lemon and squeeze in about 1 tbsp of the juice. Season with salt and pepper and blitz to a paste.
- Peel and dice the onion into large chunks. De-seed the pepper and cut it into large dice. Cut the aubergine into 1cm cubes. Place all of the vegetables into a mixing bowl and pour in half of the marinade. Toss it all together and tip it out onto a baking tray. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Put a medium saucepan over a high heat and pour in the chicken stock. Bring it to the boil. Add the quinoa and simmer gently for 20 minutes until the quinoa is cooked though, with a little bite.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing across the middle of the breast but not all the way through. Bash them out with a rolling pin between 2 sheets of baking paper. Rub the remaining harissa marinade into the chicken. Preheat a cast iron griddle pan until smoking hot then grill the chicken for 3 minutes on each side until charred and well and cooked through.
- Halve the pomegranate and bash the seeds out by hitting the back with a wooden spoon over a bowl of cold water. Scoop any scraps that are floating on top of the water and drain the pomegranate seeds into a sieve.
- In a large mixing bowl stir the pistachios through the cooked quinoa with the roasted vegetables, pomegranate seeds and plenty of fresh ripped mint and coriander leaves. Add the salad leaves and toss everything together.
- Tear the chicken over the salad, drizzle with the yoghurt and extra virgin olive oil and serve. Serves 4